Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cleanse: Day 4

The booklet I received with all the supplements for the cleanse made it clear that I would have ups and downs, good days and bad days, and today was kind of a bad day. It actually started out great. I woke up after 11 hours of sleep (with a mild breakout, common side-effect of a cleanse) full of energy and ready to conquer the day's tasks, which I did. I did about 3 hours of yard work and did a little bit of sewing. After the yard work, after lunch and before the sewing, I hit a wall. I felt sluggish and the most trivial of things would send me into a tailspin (me to Greg, "Can you puhleeze wipe the freaking counter! I am so sick of walking into a mess every time I step foot in the kitchen! Why do you insist on making my life so difficult!?!) Yes, I was being overly dramatic, but he just shrugged it off and I eventually cleaned up the mess, or the mess he left after he cleaned. It was also the first day that I felt REALLY hungry. I was okay until about 5PM, and then I started having daydreams about pizza. I saw a picture of a hamburger and started salivating like a dog looking at a, well, a hamburger. And two side-effects continued today that I did not expect but make sense. The first is the most horrible taste in my mouth when I wake-up, worse than a hangover. The second is really strange and vivid dreams. Last night I had one dream where I was eating cheese and crackers and then half way through I yelled, "Wait! I shouldn't be eating this! I'm on a cleanse!" Well, that one was not so strange, but the next one was. I was in a country that was a cross between Vietnam and South Africa (or what I believe to be South Africa since I have never been there) traveling with a group of people that included Yolandi Visser of Die Antwoord. We spent most of the time running away from people that were trying to rob us on the street and the rest in a bank trying to find a lost debit card. WTF? I believe dreams have symbolism, but this one was just bat shit crazy. It might not sound like it but to me it was.

Anyway, Greg made an awesome lentil "chili" for dinner. It consisted of lentils, tomatoes, finely chopped onion, garlic, lime, cumin, and chili powder. We served it over lightly steamed rainbow chard and garnished it with fresh tomato slices, avocado, lime, and cilantro. Here it is:


It was oh so tasty, and good thing, Greg made a huge batch of it.

Now it's midnight and Greg is DJing at Shut Up & Dance at the Fez. I decided to stay home because I felt so tired and drained, but ironically my energy has come back and now I feel great. Probably still smart to stay home though. Wrapping the day up, I was up, down, and then back up again. All part of the cleanse, but hopefully I will have more up days than down days.

No comments:

Post a Comment