Friday, June 29, 2012

Cleanse: Day 17

Today was an incredibly long and busy day. I woke up at 6:45AM without an alarm and pretty much was going non-stop all day until about a couple of hours ago, when I was finally able to eat dinner. Even though I only got about 6 hours of sleep I had a lot of energy and felt really focused on what I needed to do, which included sewing, running, and an Alley 33 meeting. Luckily in the middle of my day I got a massage by Isadora Gouldberg of Muscle and Bone PDX. The massage was wonderful and she has very reasonable rates. I am definitely going back (I scheduled another appointment) and will start to get them regularly. A massage is not just a luxury, it's a necessity, especially considering I'm a seamstress and my neck and shoulders are taxed everyday.

I discovered a new favorite dish. By the time I got home I had no patience or creativity so I stuck a yam in the oven and boiled some chicken. I paired that with a spinach salad and half an avocado and wow!!! Chicken, yam, and avocado is a delicious combo, and I only used olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little bit of onion powder to add flavor. Definitely eating that again soon, maybe even tomorrow!

I have a busy weekend ahead of me, including a fancy party tomorrow night. I am in the middle of letting a mask dry on my face so I can look extra nice. I feel like I have not gone out in ages!!!! Only four more days left...

No comments:

Post a Comment