Friday, June 22, 2012

Cleanse: Day 11

Today was not such a good day. It started the same as the others, I woke up feeling great with tons of energy, and I was excited to be able to add chicken and fish to my diet. I thought I would be on top of the world! Before lunch I started to not feel so hot, but I thought I was just hungry, so I made lunch. It was broiled dover sole that we bought from the farmers market and a salad. The food, although delicious, did not help. I felt dizzy and sluggish, and I am pretty sure my good friend PMS is to blame. I continued on my downward spiral the rest of the day, with a "Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat worms." bummed out feeling on top of it. Luckily earlier in the day I started some chicken in the crock pot (with tomatoes, garlic, onion, olive oil, salt, and pepper), so dinner was easy. It was also made easy by the fact that Greg served it to me in bed. So yeah I have been taking it easy, and sorry there are no pictures, but they would not have been very interesting anyway.

Was looking forward to going to Shut Up & Dance tonight for the first time in two weeks, but I have to rest instead. There was a time where I would feel this way and go out anyway, and alcohol would be my medicine, and then I would be in bed for a day or two after. Pretty stupid right?

Sorry if this post is super "Debbie Downer" of me. I am happy about the fact that I made it halfway through the cleanse! It will be a cake walk after this, or hopefully it will. For some reason it seems like there are so many social events happening while I am on this cleanse, and next weekend one even has an open bar. Grrr. Gotta stay strong. It will all be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment