Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cleanse: -1 Day One

I know it has been a while since I have posted anything here, and with good reason. I have been writing for the Portland Mercury On Design Blog, and I am really loving it! (You can catch up on all of my past posts here.) Needless to say that because of this new job I have been focusing any blog ideas I have on that, but starting today I (hopefully) will be making posts here everyday as well. Tomorrow I start a 21 day cleanse, courtesy of Better Forever, an amazing holistic health center headed by Jeanne Kennedy Crosby D.C. that specializes in chiropractic, applied kinesiology, and clinical nutrition services that I first wrote about here. Tonight I had kind of a last supper at Bamboo Sushi, which coincidentally also served as the celebration for my boyfriend and I's eight year anniversary. The food was amazing and was a perfect way to "go out."

This cleanse involves eating nothing but vegetables and fruit for the first 10 days (with protein shakes) and then adding chicken and fish for the rest of the cleanse, all the while taking supplements that aid in the detoxification of the body. In all honesty the food part will not be that hard, I pretty much just eat only organic food made at home (once in a while I will eat junk, but I'm human!) The hardest part for me will be giving up alcohol. I'm not saying I'm an alcoholic, but I can't really remember the last time I went that long without drinking. I like to out, especially dancing, and it's always nice to have a drink (or more) to loosen up a bit. I have to say that I have been overindulging just a little bit lately though, and it would do me some good to see what life is like without the booze. I do remember the last time I went out sober I thought everyone was super annoying, they being drunk and all, but I guess that's my problem. I will probably just end up going home early instead of closing down the bar, which is always a good idea anyway.

So, I intend to blog about this cleanse here everyday, with a weekly rundown over on MOD. While this cleanse is mostly about ridding my body of toxins, I also am aiming to rid my mind and spirit of toxins as well. The latter two I have been working on for a while, and I feel like this cleanse will be the final push to help me achieve this. And if anyone out there reading this has been thinking about doing a cleanse but is not sure what to expect, you can live through my process here. Looking forward to tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment