Monday, June 18, 2012

Cleanse: Day 6

Last night and today were the first times we spent a length of time away from home, and I quickly learned that it is best to make sure to bring protein shakes and food, otherwise the mood can go from happy and energetic to cranky and hungry in no time flat.

Right after I posted last night Greg and I had dinner. Beets, sweet potatos, and asparagus fries:


We wanted to make sure we were full so that we would better handle any temptations that might present themselves. First was Julie's housewarming party. Luckily there was fruit there for us to snack on and water with blueberry ice-cubes to sip on.

After that Greg and I went our separate ways, him to Al's Den to DJ and me to Gold Dust Meridian to DJ. The night started off really fun, and it was on the World Naked Bike Ride route so it was pretty packed. Then at 1AM I hit a wall. I was exhausted and the last hour went by so slowly. The music I was playing was a reflection of my mood, slower, but still hits, and luckily people were digging it so everything worked out.

Today we got up and out the door as quickly as we could for the Portland Gay Pride Parade. It was my first time and it was super fun! Everyone was full of positive energy, being there gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside (corny I know.) Here are some of the best shots I took of the parade:
















He was walking by so fast I cut off his nose!































After the parade (and after we wondered around downtown for a while) we came home and vegged. Then we spent an hour in the kitchen making eggplant calamari (recipe here) and sweet potato chips:


It was like we were eating junk food, but it was healthy! The eggplant is breaded with ground flax seeds and we dipped them in guacamole. It was so delicious!

So, it's the end of day 6, almost the end of the first week, and everything is going great. I have a lot of energy most of the time, I just have to make sure to always have food on hand, or be near a Whole Foods to take advantage of their amazing salad bar (which I have) if I am away from home. It's not easy, but right now we have the time and it's actually fun to discover new recipes, most of which we will be carrying into our post-cleanse lives. Now, back to my Sunday night Mad Men marathon...

No comments:

Post a Comment