Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cleanse: Day 1

I am nearing the end of the first day of the cleanse, and so far I can already feel the effects, mostly positive! I had a smoothie and a yam for breakfast, home-made lentil soup and carrots for lunch, and a spinach salad with beets for dinner. It sounds like rabbit food but I was never hungry, the protein shakes that I had with the meals are really filling, so filling that I skipped it for lunch. The cleanse also involves taking 7 pills 3 times a day with meals. For breakfast I took them all at once after breakfast and felt kind of dizzy and sick for a few hours, but for lunch and dinner I spread them out and that seemed to help. I have a weird kind of energy and clarity that I have not felt in a really long time, but I also feel kind of spazzy and un-focused, but that is probably just because it was my Monday today and that always happens. I am really looking forward to seeing what else will happen, and I can take a little discomfort, it's just all the bad stuff being flushed out of my body!

If you are considering doing a cleanse I have one piece of advice, make sure it is during a time when you don't have any huge projects or stressful situations going on. It takes a lot of time and planning when it comes to the food, especially (I am assuming) when you are a few days into it and need to add some variety into the diet due to boredom.

Hopefully I will have pictures with these posts, but I am not really a fan of taking pictures of food unless the meal is amazing, so we'll see. For now I'll have to be content with posting a cute picture of my dog Basil:



Now off I go to soak in an epsom salt bath...

No comments:

Post a Comment