Friday, March 9, 2012

Fade to Light: My Review

It's been about a week since Fade to Light happened, and after seeing the pictures and reading the reviews I am really happy to say that it was a success!!!

I have helped produce tons of fashion shows, but this is the first one where I was the only one in charge, if the show sucked then it was all on me. It was kind of a lot of pressure! In the heat of it though I did not really think about it too much, I just worked my ass off and hoped it would all come together.

The first couple of days after the show, even though the designers, models, and show goers had lots of great things to say right after the show was over, I could only focus on the things that went wrong. They were minor, including a little problem with the spotlight. It was just one of those things that I had no idea would happen, and I have since chalked it up to a "live and learn" sort of thing.

The good news is is that the things that went wrong can be easily fixed next year, and seriously, this show was not about me, it was about the designers and their collections. I just wanted to put on a high end show that still had an indie vibe, and I wanted the show to be fun for the audience, and judging by the feedback I have received I think I accomplished that.

So, the date has already been set for the second installment of Fade to Light (February 27th, 2013) and I am already brainstorming about how to make it even bigger and better. I really have to thank all the designers (Sharon Blair and Bryce Black of Studio SKB, Ms. Wood, Clair Vintage Inspired, Joshua Buck of Chicago Harper, Solestruck, and Black Milk) the models, the sponsors (Oni Press, Salon Capelli, Beau Monde, and New Deal Distillery) Kayla Rekofke for being an awesome backstage manager, everyone at The Crystal Ballroom, Brainstorm, and of course DJ Gregarious, for not only DJing and taking care of all of the visuals, but for being an awesome boyfriend who has supported me from the beginning.


Here's to next year!!! (Mark your calenders.)


Enjoy some of my favorite pictures from the show, taken by the talented photographers at OSI


A look by Studio SKB


A look from Studio SKB

A look from Studio SKB

A look from Studio SKB

A look from Studio SKB

A look by Bryce Black for Studio SKB
A look by Bryce Black for Studio SKB

A look by Bryce Black for Studio SKB

A look by Ms. Wood


A look by Ms. Wood

A look by Ms. Wood


A look by Ms. Wood

A look by Ms. Wood

A look by Clair Vintage Inspired

A look by Clair Vintage Inspired

A look by Clair Vintage Inspired

A look by Clair Vintage Inspired

A look by Clair Vintage Inspired
A look by Chicago Harper

A look by Chicago Harper

A look by Chicago Harper

A look by Chicago Harper

A look by Chicago Harper

A look by Chicago Harper
A look by Solestruck X Black Milk

A look by Solestruck X Black Milk
Looks by Solestruck X Black Milk
Looks by Solestruck X Black Milk
Looks by Solestruck X Black Milk
For the complete gallery visit: OSI

No comments:

Post a Comment