Thursday, August 12, 2010

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World


If you have been living in a cave or under a rock you probably have not heard about the film Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, which is getting great reviews and it's release is much anticipated in the comic book/video game/youth world. I was lucky enough to see it before it's release at a private screening thanks to my friend Joe Nozemack who owns Oni Press which publishes the graphic novel the movie is based on. I have not read the books yet, but everyone keeps saying that it's the best movie adaptation of a comic book ever, which is huge. All I know is that the movie was awesome and hilarious and the fight scenes were really well executed. I know this movie is definitely targeted for and written about a younger generation than mine, but I could totally relate to the movie because it reminded me of how I was in my late teens (except for the fighting part.) Of course I am a huge Michael Cera (who plays Scott Pilgrim) fan and love everything he has ever done, but the two characters that I really liked were Wallace Wells (played by Kieran Culkin) and Knives Chau (played by Ellen Wong.) Wallace was witty and hilarious throughout the entire movie and Knives was completely adorable. I also liked Ramona Flowers, played by Mary Elizabeth Winstead. Winstead is actually featured on the cover of the upcoming issue of W (she is on the far right)


Via Fashion Copious

W has a new logo and re-vamped their magazine under the new editor and chief Stefano Tonchi, and this is a triple gatefold which W has never done before. I have been a longtime subscriber to W and am curious to see how the changes will affect the magazine.

Anyways, you should really go and see this movie. It comes out tomorrow and you won't be disappointed!!!!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment