Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolutions


 I am usually not the type of person to make New Year's resolutions. I guess I have never really needed to change myself in any drastic way, or if I did need to make a change, why wait until January 1st to start implementing that change into my life? This year is different for me though, as the year brought me some great highs and some terrible lows, and I feel like I am in a transitional period and need to make some major changes in my life.

I know I have been MIA on this blog (the last post was about the first day of PFW, and I promise I will post about the other 3 days within the coming weeks.) One resolution I have (one that is honestly a little further down my list) is to post to this blog more regularly, as it helps to keep my creative juices flowing.

My other resolutions include the regular eat right and exercise stuff (and I am including dancing at a club as part of exercise, as long as it means I don't get rip roaring drunk in the process.) I also want nurture positive relationships and cut out negative ones, and most importantly, get in touch with myself and ask myself what I want and need out of my life. I have been spending a lot of time alone lately trying to figure this out and will continue to do so in the coming year. I think it is something everyone should do at one time or another in their lives, and it might take a whole lifetime to figure it out.

As all of these things are going through my head, it's kind of hard for me to get into any sort of party spirit for NYE. Then again, I can't be serious and contemplative all the time. Sometimes it's good to just let loose and drown my troubles in a bottle of champagne instead of being so hard on myself. With that, my ultimate resolution for the coming year is to do what is best for me in my life; what will bring the most happiness, the most success, and the most overall well-being, and if I fuck up, then that's okay too, because everyone gets to once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment